Monday, August 16, 2004

just another monday...

good morning I,
it's rainy again in NYC, i was falling asleep in my commute...nice relaxing ferry ride is always better than the packed-like-sardines-subway. it just takes a little more time...time enough to read a book, read ur newspaper, or as for me this morning, just thinking of nothing (for a change) & just dozing off to the sight of the waves.
...someone once told me that he always pictures me close to the water, maybe i look like a mermaid? (or perhaps sing like one, i wish?!) ...well i am from the islands, my earliest memories of weekends with my family were always spent picnicking on sandy beaches...i'm sure if i had enough money, i wud live by the water...a little beach cottage & i wud be really happy :)

well, how was my weekend? it was good. i did a lot of my things-to-do, shopped for back-to-school clothes & supplies for my daughter, went to a children's party on sunday (lots of family & food), did my laundry, cleaned around the house a little, watched some Olympic games, what else...cooked a little, that's about it...
& now it's back to monday, rainy from the remnants of Hurrican Charley & Bonnie from the South...

i think i'll take it slow today...what else can i do?
it's really great when i can have lots of time to think, & not stress out. that's why i "opted out" from a corporate to a non-profit job i guess. my real reason was just to spend more time & energy with what's important to me more than my job - my Self, my family... & around that time i got pregnant with my second child & got married again- all when i was just starting out here on this job...also working here makes me feel good - the knowing that i can contribute in my own small way to making a difference in people's lives...those in need.

but my next goal is to make a more direct connection to making a difference - a career where i can really see & experience firsthand how i can help people, i wanna focus more on children...cause when i'm around kids, my own & other little munchkins, i get so much JOY & working with them will not feel like work at all. So, my goal is to change careers, maybe become an early education teacher, or special ed. (which i hear is very challenging) or maybe become a school counselor...i have lots of experience in dealing with troubled kids - starting w/ my self, then my hubby & all my other Ex-es!
so, i'll take it step by step, & hopefully one day, i will be writing here & logging in about my days in school...

for now, here in the school of life...
one baby step at a time,

No comments: