Sunday, August 29, 2004

I LOVE NY!!! ;)

Good Day New York!!!
i just heard from my hubby who's among the 200,000 or more strong, walking in this humid, tropical heat, marching & rallying against War & whatever else we believe is worth marching for right now...that this rally in front of MSG is really happening! it is so Happening that we won't even probably hear it on the news, just on Radio America or some public radio station...why? don't ask me why, i'm just an innocent bystander observing how things really are...

i'm just so beside myself with JOY today! i am so proud to be in NY all of a sudden, just when we've been thinking of moving outta here, oh well, it will still happen- in the near future, but i've become a New Yorker at heart. It's during times like these when i feel one with the people, almost like being back home...back in my UP college days...i wonder why we always used to find something to protest about...ahh, the innocence of Youth.
anyway, it's great that people are not afraid to be heard, to voice out in a peaceful protest what they really think about this War we brought on to another 3rd world country out for the taking, rich in natural resources - business as usual. Oh well, i've seen it happen in my own little island country. so, i guess i'm numb to it, i can only hope & pray & see that people will always rise above their miseries and be able to rebuild their little countries, their little lives with the help of God & their faith. Because the superpowers just don't care abt the little people...when it comes to numbers & dollars - it doesnt make sense to them. It's not good for business. sometimes u wud think that "little folks" like us don't count for much...I mean, why do we send billions of taxpayers'$$$ for this War & cut spending where it really matters?! - public education, health & human services, issues close to our hearts & right here at home....that's why i don't need to go to this rally...I'd rather concentrate my energies today to BEING HOME with my little son, spending QT with my little kids...the future of this country. That is my kind of "politics" now, as i'm getting older & hopefully wiser ;)
...that doesnt make me less proud to be a New Yorker, in fact i'm going to work this whole week while the Republicans go about their business, we have to go about ours...right Moms & Dads?! We have to keep on keeping on...making certain that our homes are safe & happy for the growing children...cause when we do that,they evolve into happy adults, ready to take on the best of the world - we work hard to give them the education they deserve no matter how much budget cuts happen, we have to take the crunch...if we have to tutor them at home, take more time from our already long & tiring paycheck-to-paycheck jobs (if you're among the lucky ones who have not lost their jobs due to layoffs in NYC & all that), cook nutritious meals despite the rising prices everywhere, & take extra time to do long homeworks with them; staying focused & balanced, praying with them before they sleep, wishing them good dreams, and finally have a little time for yourself to rest & be glad for another day...coming...maybe a new day is dawning...

as much as we believe in ourselves, i guess we also have to believe in a Higher Power UP there, watching us closely, angels guiding our ways towards the right direction...so, let's VOTE! (if only the whole world can vote for America - i'm sure who's going to win - J & J...)
why not? i will continue to cast my ballot according to my conscience & pray over it...keeping my Faith...in the Perfect Divine Will of God, that whatever happens is a test, a lesson to be learned, whoever wins, WE don't have to lose...We just keep on keeping on. that's all. sometimes it is that simple. Or is it?

all i know is, it is Sunday, a beautiful sunny Sunday, i should be at the beach, i don't know what i'm doing here in front of the PC, but i just had this urge to write...to blog & brag about my BIG little New York City, & all those people marching in this heat! I am there with them in Spirit. I am happy for them. (& i hope the cops are being nice cause they can be, & being patient too ;) )
& I am here, among the many mothers, wanting to be counted as One with those searching for a Change...something better than this - better jobs maybe, a better school for my kids, better neighborhood with less crime & less guns on the street (no guns wud be better but that's pushing it, i know...) - more LOVE, more music in the hearts of people & children, more music in schools & ART, more ways to allow their creative beautiful Wings to Fly...is that too much to ask??? This is America, the most powerful country in the world right? (or so they say.) Well, hooray for our Athletes in the Olympics, i mean, that's the kind of America i can be proud of...
I want my kids someday to have opportunities to be an athlete, artist, teacher, even a soldier for Peace if that's what he/she wants, as long as they know what they're fighting for. What Matters in our daily lives. I just want them to be Happy...cause when they're happy, i am set... I am happy.
well, so much blogging for today,
as usual, there's more, but this is the news for today, folks...
signing off for now, my little boy is calling out for some TLC,& some mamam...
yours truly,

:) what's the song for today? hmm, right, i almost forgot about that, this morning i woke up to my radio playing Chicago's "If U leave me now" - it was "special" - i loved it.

No comments: