Thursday, September 30, 2004

on "Working Moms"...

"working Moms" - isn't that a redundancy??
i don't know of any Mom who doesn't work,
even stay-at-home moms have lots & lots of work to do...they say sometimes even more...
& how about us, the double-working moms...the SuperMoms who have to put in a lot of overtime without pay...

it's 4:30 pm, my day is almost over here in the ofc., & i'm off to my other full-time job...
catch the ferry, then the local bus (that's about an hour)
walk 15 minutes to finally get home,
kick off my shoes, wash my hands & face,
change into my house clothes,
check on the kids, kiss & hug, see if they're ok and all that,
check what's for dinner, see if there's any good leftovers,
say hi to the hubby, see if he's ok, hugs,
& more hugs if he prepared dinner already :)
ask if the kids did their homework
& note to self to check on that later...
rest a bit, maybe,
then start the ball rolling for dinner & some evening quality time
with the family...
sometimes, not even anytime to put my feet up & relax...

anyway, tonight might even be worse than that...
my son's school nurse called to say that my son
seems to have some rashes around his neck,
are they allergies or bug bites, they can't tell...
& they can't give him any medicine, they're not legally allowed to...
but they sent him home with a note for me to take him to the doctor.
before he can go back to school tomorrow i guess...
anyway, thank God my Mom is home, lives with us,
& can take care of him & my daughter after school,
or i wouldn't be able to work...& we'd be in the "poorhouse"

so, when i get home tonight,
i have to drive my son to the 24 hr.- HIP clinic in my neighborhood,
see what's wrong with him if anything,
& take it from there.
after that, dinner? that would be nice...
then check what else needs to be checked,
my daughter's homework, clean up around the house a little bit...
i wanted to do my nails today (i do my own manicure, i don't like pedicures,
cause i can't stand the smell inside a nail salon...the enclosed chemical fumesl drive me nuts!)
so, when i want my nails to look prettier than usual,
i put on a little polish w/ some light colors like pink, or tan or pearly white...
that's all, i never use red or those dark colors that make the nails look a little "witchy"...

maybe i'll treat myself to a nail-polishing session while listening to some music...
to relax...but i also want to catch that first Kerry-Bush Presidential debate on tv tonight,
(that might be upsetting... )
then Yoga maybe?
that's being too ambitious now...
maybe tomorrow...
Thank God, my angels,
& all my kids' angels that there is always tomorrow.
:) another day, to do this "working Mom" thing all over again,
till i become an expert at it...i'm getting there.

but hey, it's another beautiful sunrise,
& before u know it,
here comes another weekend...
voila, we've made it through another week!
Hooray for all working MOMS!!!
till then,
stay strong & centered...






No comments: