Thursday, May 21, 2020

Happy Birthday to me!

“Today is the greatest day I’ve ever known…can’t wait for tomorrow, tomorrow’s much too long” (Smashing Pumpkins)

 

Today is my birthday… 56 years on Planet Earth….20,440 days of waking up to new days, putting my foot forward and keeping it moving.  56 revolutions around the Sun….

I am grateful for Life, I am grateful for family, I am grateful for friends for life…

And death, happening around this Coronavirus pandemic….reminding us constantly to live our lives to the fullest, as though this day, today, is our last.

https://youtu.be/1lyu1KKwC74

This is a weird birthday for me, that’s why I chose this song from the Verve “Bittersweet Symphony” for my writing meditation this morning.  It sure is a bitter sweet symphony, the life we are living during these crazy, unprecedented and unpredictable times…

Nothing is for certain anymore.  Everything that we were used to turned upside down.  Jobs may be lost, schools have closed since March 13, our movements have become limited, plans cancelled, and future plans cannot be made…yet.  2020, yes the year synonymous to clearer vision…and here we are forced to see things differently, we are having to see Life from a new & different perspective.  We cannot base the decisions we make every day on our past ways…We are now witnessing a “new normal” and every little thing we do is filtered through a new lens,  “Is this safe?”  “Are we in danger of being exposed to the VIRUS if we go out now?”  “What are we going to do this summer break?”  “Should we even fly?”, “Is it better to do stay-cations?”  “What about school next year 2020-21?”, “Are we still in this pandemic next year?”  “We have flattened the curve in some states and some parts of the world… but is it going to come back with a vengeance when winter hits?” “When are they going to find a cure, a vaccine?”   All these questions & more…whirling in our collective minds.

Some of us are luckier than others…They haven’t been hit at home with this VIRUS.  But some, it hits closer to home than is comfortable…Our family for instance, have been hit close… my husband’s brother is currently in the throes of fighting for his life with this Covid-19, and we are all anxiously waiting & praying for his recovery.  “Who else in our close circle of family & friends is going to get hit?”  “Will it be bad or will it be mild?”  “Who will win, the VIRUS or us?”

I say, we cannot let the VIRUS win! Just imagine all the healthcare workers & researchers fighting this and struggling to find a cure before more deaths happen…. Just imagine all our essential workers, day in & day out, going about their daily lives & continuing to work with constant unease of who among their customers might have the virus or may be asymptomatic carriers….Just imagine the more unfortunate folks in our communities, struggling to find ways to put food on the table for the whole family, because they are on unemployment or worse, no source of income…Such angst is enough to cause some people nightmares. 

2020, perfect vision, I believe this period in our history is forcing us to re-evaluate what is important and essential to us.  Time to get rid of what’s un-necessary, Time to get rid of hatred, judgments, & bigotry…. We are, whether we like it or not, intertwined now, we are all in this together….I am wearing my mask in public, not just for my own protection but to also protect those I come in contact with; although I hate wearing a mask.

Time to face our new reality, “we are all in this together” every commercial on TV is saying that… We just have to be kinder whenever we can…everybody is struggling in their own ways.  No one is immune to this.

To me, it is the year for a clearer vision, hopefully a perfect vision of what I want my everyday to be…Time to re-assess my core values… only deal with what IS, not what may be…

Time to let go, and Let GOD.  God and the Universe has given us this challenge not to make us suffer…I believe, this Coronavirus plague, is sent as a blessing.  I know that may sound weird, but it is true, there is a rainbow to every storm. 

Happy birthday to me!  To a new year, a fresh start, a new beginning.

I wish the same for all of you, reading this TODAY…into our 10th week of isolation…Make it the greatest day of your Life.

Sending love & healing, stay strong!

- Jessica (from my little quarantined corner of the world)

here's the send-off song I chose for y’all, a classic.

https://youtu.be/fPO76Jlnz6c


No comments: