Wednesday, March 16, 2005

mental health day

it's 5PM & here i am typing away in my ofc. cube,
thinking that i need to take a mental health day off tomorrow...
also i haven't been feeling too great,
as in down in the dumps kind of like the weather...
cause it's been cold still...around the 30's in my morning commute
& then turns to around 40's only during lunchbreak, then back to
the cold 30's on my way home...
plus, i have this nasal congestion
that i attribute to my reaction to the new meds. i need to take...
& to exacerbate the situation further,
i think i got my son's cold/cough...
i've been getting a few cough attacks that don't feel good at all.
no phlegm, but i have congestion both in my sinus & my lungs...
thank God i'm not yet spitting up some blood!

but yeah, tomorrow should be a day of rest for me,
not that i can ever just do NOTHING,
that's only when i'm really sick & dying & need to stay & sleep in bed all day...
that's when i catch a flu...
we've been lucky this winter with just short bouts of a cold, coughing spell...
no major flu bug has hit our home
& for that i'm so thankful to God.

but again, for tomorrow...
what should i do for my mental health day???
hmmm, i could re-arrange my clothes closet & organiZe it again....
even tho. i can't change it yet for Spring/Summer season...
i could at least take some clothes out that i hardly use,
& either donate them once again or just
store them upstairs in the attic...
the famous scary attic...
famous for it's unhealthy air thick with dust & useless junk lying around
collecting more dusts & mites...& dark & dank....

i should not venture up there in that attic
if i want my cough/cold to go away...
but i might just need to store some stuff away...
do a little clearing.

I think that's what i'll do on my mental health day off,
do some Feng Shui clearing of my living space...
where i sleep & relax,
where i cleanse myself & do my daily bodily functions,
like where i change my clothes for work & home,
& where we all eat & mingle-
enjoy each other's relaxing company, L-O-L


Hmmm, sounds like a project already.
well, better than being bored out of my head here in my cube...
with little things to do on the computer,
too much spare time to practice my Mavis Typing tutorial,
& other tutorials that i can come up with...
while there's too much to do at home...
there's got to be a balance somewhere...
so let me start at my homefront.

till next time,
happily blogging away,
- J

No comments: