Wednesday, October 10, 2007

hello again....

boy, has time flew by!!!
i can't believe the last time i spent time with you
& really sat down with U - & with myself...
have a heart-to-heart,
stop time...time stops...that kind of self-talk
it's been a long time coming....

anyway, I wanna start over and start where I am at
right now,
at this moment...
where am I???

i am now working as an Assistant teacher for Visually-impaired high-school kids
at a nice high-school in Georgia...
remember, the last time i blogged,
i mentioned my family & i were in the process of relocating to GA from
Staten Island, NYC?

well, here we are now.
We've made that big move,
that leap of faith into the then unknown, unforeseeable future...
which is now the present...

moment...
sometimes i still can't believe that we actually left NY
i still miss it a lot...
the energy, the mix of cultures and different peoples like me...
so eclectic...
& now we're here in an Atlantan suburb....
the burbs...can u imagine?
can u just imagine me in the burbs???
I grew up in the city, and have always been around big cities...
All of a sudden, this...
this, peace & quiet,
this tranquil spacious life....
this slow pace,
this maddeningly slowwwww pace of life....

i should be happy, i know...
i have all this time now to think and meditate,
and spend lots of quality time with my kids, my hubby,
my family time has improved tremendously...
we got what we wanted in terms of great schools for the kids...
a nice, safe environment to raise them up,
and a lovely house with lots of woods & nature surrounding it...

YES, we have bought a house, finally!
we couldn't afford it back in NY,
but now we have a real mortgage,
the kind that lasts forever,
30 years seem like forever to me.
Scary, at first, before signing it...
but we had to do it...it was just the next best thing to do in our agenda
of living our lives in the suburbs...
what else can one do around here,
but buy a house, if you can afford one....
that is.
I thank God that we can finally afford one...
so what is still the matter with me????
Nothing,
absolutely, nothing...
i'm not complaining or i'm not gonna be my usual
whiney self...
watch out, world!!!
I am the new & much improved version of Me...
I have a new attitude,
a different perspective now...
with a more interesting, more rewarding job...
less money, but so what?!
U can't have it All...right?
or so they say...
I even have a new Friend,
yes a new Friend...& it makes me so Happy.


tell u more later,
till next time,

- J

No comments: