Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Resolution

i'm blogging right now to keep my sanity!
i have been crazzyyly busy these past few days & it's supposed to be my holiday!!!
so, after our family New Year's eve dinner, i tried to take a power nap after all the mad food preparations & gourmet meals...all the rushing from Christmas to now...all the get togethers, my mind was finally screaming inside..."Stop this world, i want to get off!!!"
- i told everyone i need to take a little break, my mother-in-law & my Mom were nice enough probably to realize that i do need a little time for myself - maybe a little nap will do me good, before we once again converge & get together for the countdown to the New Year's, before all the wine & toasting & noises start all over again...
so, as i was trying to take a nap, my mind was racing, just stupid petty thoughts on what else i need to do tomorrow, when tomorrow is another day...why can't i stop thinking???
why can't i relax?>>>
so here i am...i announced to my daughter & her cousins hanging out in our room (where the computer is...where my only escape from this craziness is...)
...& said, "wait i need a little time to just be by myself & get on the computer & write some stuff..." for me, a release,...for them, maybe they think i'm just acting weird & that's normal... i think they understood even a little bit...so they left me alone.

it's funny during the holidays, a mom almost has to scream at the top of her lungs, from the mountaintops, (figuratively speaking) to be noticed that hey, if u don't let me have some space...
i'm gonna explode!!! If u can't leave me alone for just a tiny bit, i will leave all of you's alone to do all the holiday preparations! Don't get me wrong, I love my family but still...
sometimes, i can't seem to take a breather...so there, i made my point.

Now, for my resolutions...not that i'm really serious about keeping them but...it's worth a try.

B - Be True to mySelf - "To thine own self be True" (from some Shakesperian tragedy)
E - Everything can crumble or fall but thine own Self

M - Maybe there is a better way...to Live.
Y - YES to possibilities & Changes first, before saying NO
S - Save for a rainy day, SAVE even for the "sunny" days
E - Everything is as important as I make them out to be...
Your Priorities Rule (first my kids & family &second, career & all the other "stuff" or "issues or non-issues")
L - LOVE is the most powerful drug...LOVE is my cure-all, LOVE is everyone's Salvation
....Love-Love-Love,
love is all u need...

F - FIRST Thine own Self, be true, & Everything else shall follow...
...& another F - Fear Nothing, or Fear - Less.

(* spells out B-E M-Y-S-E-L-F)

(big sigh....Breathing in, breathing out...) Now i feel better.
Now, i can say thank you to the year that is past, & welcome the New Year with Joy, Hope, & Love for mySelf & my family around me, & All...the world....

i'm just sad about the "Tsunami" disaster in Asia, very close to my home - the Philippines,
only a few island-countries like Malaysia & Indonesia may have saved us from getting the same beating from Mother Nature...Oh God, i pray for relief & salvation for those that perished, & those still missing their families & loved ones, & especially those who are now homeless...
(i have absolutely nothing to complain about compared to them, i have petty issues)...sorry for my selfishness sometimes...

& at exactly an hour from now, I will welcome the New Year 2005, full of possibilities of things that have never been, of places I have never been, & people i have never met...or maybe, in some past lives,
here we go again, oh well, i say you can take the soul out of a person, but u can't take the mystic out of the soul...

till next year,
"Happy trails to U,
until we meet again"...

p.s.
i hope that wherever you are,
whoever you may be celebrating with,
you are completely Happy,
& as i sing my "auld lang syne" with my loved ones,
i shall be singing it full of love,
for U too.

"we'll taste the cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne..."
- J

No comments: