Saturday, March 28, 2020

Things we have taken for granted

Today, I am writing about things we have taken for granted....

Especially now that we are under this CoronaVirus #stayathome orders from the local as well as the federal government...

Today, March 28, in this tumultuous year 2020, 8:28 am, blogging at home, because there's really nothing better that I could be doing at this moment.

I realize how I have taken for granted little simple things such as....

  • hanging out with friends & neighbors and not worrying about being 6 ft. apart
  • hugs & kisses from friends & babies
  • shaking hands, at church during "Peace be with you"
  • physically going to Church on Sundays
  • being able to drive anywhere, as far as Florida - to the beaches, or even just the next city
  • going to restaurants & bars 
  • walking along crowded streets & sidewalks (especially when we were in NYC - miss that!)
  • weekly band rehearsals
  • shopping at your favorite stores
  • doing your grocery shopping, without having to have a long list because you can go anytime
  • working out at gyms
  • swimming at community pools  (hopefully we can still do that this Summer 😔.
  • our jobs & routines that we used to complain so much about
  • getting dressed every morning
  • seeing our students (I'm a middle school teacher)
  • seeing our co-workers
  • going to concerts
  • going to town events & gatherings
...after we all get through this unprecedented & totally unpredictable event in our history...I promise myself I will no longer take these little things for granted.  I will have a renewed love & respect for my daily work routines, and try to spend more quality time listening to my students, my friends & co-workers.  
One good thing that came out of all this "staying home orders" ... 
is the closeness and time we now share and have to share with our closest family unit...
I love the quiet & sometimes loud & annoying times I share with my son, Diego and hubby Will.
I also love to "FaceTime" each day when we call our families that are dear yet far from us....
We plan on doing Zoom video conferencing with our band mate, Ron, & hopefully other musician friends... just to jam and play some music... maybe share that to our friends on FB...for Blue Mischief.

Thank God for Technology & Social Media, what would we do without it now?  
Let's stay connected folks... let's stay in touch and try to reach out to our friends & members of the community who are somehow feeling more isolated than us...
there's a lot out there we can do to get through these rough times.
Keeping y'all close to my heart and in my prayers.
STAY STRONG!  sending positive VIBES only.... Om Namaste...


No comments: